No announcement yet.

Window positioning and sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Window positioning and sizes

Is there a way that I can make the Ticket window and Ticket List window save the vertical size of the Resolution/History area. Currently it only shows 3 lines and I almost always end up resizing this area to about 6 lines. Unfortunately every time I close and reopen CommitCRM the size goes back to 3 lines. Using the save window position doesn't seem to keep this for me.

Re: Window positioning and sizes

Saving the windows configuration basically keeps also the vertical size of lists and tabs so you can keep it between logins. Specifically the Resolution/History tab has an internal division within the tab itself, which is not saved in this case.

What you can do is resize the whole tab area to display a larger list on the tab, and save this windows configuration. This will keep the tab ratio as you set it, and will display a larger list area.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

Comment

Sorry not following you there, can you give me more detailed instructions?

Comment

Sorry, I'll try to explain in more details.

When viewing the ticket window, you have the top part which usually displays the tickets list or the ticket details, and the bottom part which displays the tabs (Details, Pending, Resolution/History, etc.). The tabs area can be re-sized by dragging the top part of the tabs area. This way you can control the size of all of the tabs, including the Resolution/History tab, and set the internal internal list to show more lines.

Re-sizing the whole tabs area is kept when saving the windows configuration (from Windows > Save Current Windows Configuration for Next Logins).

I hope this helps to make it clearer :-)

Sherry

Comment

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that resizing the tabs are has any bearing on how much Resolution/History is visible. That is controlled on the bottom of that area which I can't get to save.

Comment

When moving up the separation line (i.e. enlarging/increasing the tabs area height), more rows are displayed in all tabs including the number of rows displayed in the Resolution/History tab.
            Saving the windows configuration at this stage will keep the size of ALL tabs including the History tab and therefore you'll see more history records on your next session too. What you cannot save is the internal heights inside the History tab (i.e. you cannot control the height of the Resolution field).

I hope this is clearer now.

Sherry

Comment

Makes but it was not the answer I was hoping for. I'm trying to document things thoroughly and 3 lines just doesn't cut for reviewing. Can you add that to my wish list.?

Thanks

Comment

OK. If this is the case I have another solution -

Add a new user tab and call it "Resolution"
                On this tab select to display an EXISTING field.
                Select to display the Resolution field there
                Then, open the Resolution field properties on this tab - using the Field Properties window you can enlarge the field (i.e. set the field data area width and height).

Done!

You now have a new tab for Tickets - "Resolution" where you can see much more text lines than the ones displayed under the History tab.
                Every change you perform in either places (your newly created tab or the original Resolution/History tab) will immediately be reflected in each place.

You can learn more about how to customize the system, add new tabs and data fields here. Just make sure you have a backup before performing your customizations (it's safe to customize the system but many times when you don't like your customizations it easier to go back when you have a backup). And yes, all customizations are there for you once you upgrade your system to newer versions.

HTH

Comment

That sounds like a good workaround.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X