No announcement yet.

Error in importing assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error in importing assets

Hi, I've tries importing assets in the MS excel format toCommitCRM.
    After importing, the log files states as "Record 1 Not imported Fields with illegal values:
    Operation canceled. No data found for field Asset Name."

This goes the same for all other records. I've tried to play around with the fields but same result. My asset on the excel sheet is a simple one with "S/N, Brand, Model, Serial no." as the main field follow by the data. Any suggestion?

Re: Error in importing assets

Hi Rohizam,

Thank you for your question.

When importing assets (or any other type of data), this is done using an import wizard. In one of the steps you need to map the fields between the imported Excel file and the database fields in RangerMSP.

When mapping the fields, you should make sure to map all the fields which are mandatory in RangerMSP. In the case of assets, the Asset Name is a mandatory field, and therefore must exist as one of the assets' details in the input file. You can see more details on the asset fields in the Assets Management user guide here.

So basically what you should probably do is add an additional column to your file, which will contain the asset name, which will then be imported to RangerMSP.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

Comment

Working...
    X