No announcement yet.

Remote CommitCRM access (not via RDP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Remote CommitCRM access (not via RDP)

The reason for the poor performance of CommitCRM across a WAN is that there is not client executable installed. It appears to be pulling the entire runtime executable from the server.

I would like to see CommitCRM evolve into a app that installs and runs locally and only requires access to the DB. This would require a SQL server for data storage though. Maybe add this feature as a option to the current SQL module for RDP??

Any thoughts, complaints or otherwise?

Re: Remote RangerMSP access (not via RDP)

Hi delmarh, thank you for your post. You have actually hit a popular subject, and you can find a very relevant discussion on another forum thread (click here to reach this thread). The bottom line is that when using the SQL module you can achieve better performance results over VPN, still, our recommendation at the moment is working over remote access technologies, such as Terminal Services, together with the SQL module. You can read all about it in the forum thread mentioned above.

Thanks for your input.

Sherry

Comment

Re: Remote CommitCRM access (not via RDP)

Thanks. I did read the thread before I submitted the original post. Another reason I would like to see a local runtime version is that it would also benefit users running the app within their local network. Terminal Server & Citrix licensing is expensive and hard to justify for small businesses (although the sysadmin in me prefers TS/Citrix).
      Anyway, just a thought. I appreciate the rapid responses from CommitCRM employees and users. This was one of the reasons I went with this software. With or without a local client, I would recommend CommitCRM.

Comment

Working...
      X