Quickbooks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Quickbooks Question

Hi,

We are trialling the Quickbooks module.. So far it looks great.. a Quick question..

Scenario

Technician is onsite and completes a job.. Some clients pay at the completion of the job and the tech records this as Payment in the CommitCRM Charge.. Whereas some are on account

What is the easiest way for this to be transferred across to Quickbooks so we know how payment was collected and or what charges are to be placed on the account for the client ??

Any other tips/tricks would be great.. We are an Australian IT company and looking at moving away from MYOB to this product.. So I would interested to hear from others that utilise this module in streamlining there book keeping etc.. and accounting tasks..

Many thanks..

Re: Quickbooks Question

CommitCRM Support ?? Any ideas on recording payment method ??

Comment

Re: Quickbooks Question

Hi Peter,

Okay, here's our input on this - as we see it, payments which are already received on-site should still be recorded in QuickBooks and an invoice should still be sent to the customer. So basically, you should log the charges as usual, and keep some kind of a clear indication, that these charges were already paid for. You can keep this indication in various ways, I will suggest one: When adding the charge, add a comment in the charge description, such as "PAID ON SITE" or something similar, and this description will be automatically transferred to the invoice line when creating the invoice. This will remind you to close this invoice immediately and send it to the customer for the protocol. The idea is only to make these invoices stand-out so you will notice that they were already paid for.

I hope this answers your question. I would also be happy to hear from other forum users how they handle this!

Neta

Comment

Working...
      X