No announcement yet.

Secondary Contact & charges issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Secondary Contact & charges issue

Hi, Im designing a quotation form by copying the technician form 1 and customized it look like a quotation. The thing i cannot get it to do is to reflect GST on the (first tax). It just shows the first tax as zero.

And another thing can Commitcrm do a secondary contact on the ticket? I need this because sometimes the caller is not the approver of the service. So in the ticket will show the user which my technician will contact and the other contact is the person who going to approve the service. This person i need it to reflect in the quotation that im designing.

Any help?

Thanks

Re: Secondary Contact & charges issue

Thank you for your questions Rohizam.

Im designing a quotation form by copying the technician form 1 and customized it look like a quotation. The thing i cannot get it to do is to reflect GST on the (first tax). It just shows the first tax as zero.
    In order to use taxes in RangerMSP you need to define the tax both for the account and for the item. Once you make all the correct settings the tax should appear in the report. Click here for more details.

And another thing can RangerMSPcrm do a secondary contact on the ticket? I need this because sometimes the caller is not the approver of the service. So in the ticket will show the user which my technician will contact and the other contact is the person who going to approve the service. This person i need it to reflect in the quotation that im designing.
    I see what you mean and this is an interesting idea. While we don't currently offer that functionality I would suggest using one of the ticket's user-defined fields in order to keep the name or the person who will be approving this ticket. Though this does not offer the same convenience as using the built-in pull-down contact person selection field, this will allow you to keep this information in the ticket and print it out in the report. For example, you can utilize Field1, Field2, etc. (double-click the field name to rename it), and type-in the contact person's name when needed. You can then add it and print it out in your technician service form report.

I hope this helps.

Neta

Comment

We could also use something similar to what Rohizam is looking for in his second part. We have customers where a main contact will place a request for work to be done for another person at their company. Then we have the issue of who is the contact for the ticket the person who requested it or the person the work is performed for. Obviously we need to easily be able to look at all work performed for a specific user/computer. So this makes it seem like we would want the end user to be the contact. But at the same time we should be recording who asked for the work to be performed.

While I know we could change a field in CommitCRM to allow us to type in the name of the requesting person we would like to be able to have two contacts associated to the ticket. One would be the requested or approved by and the other would be who the work was performed for.

Comment

Thank you for the additional input, we appreciate your feedback.

Actually, I have a tip which may help - if the customer opens the ticket using the customers Web portal, then you can see who opened the ticket in the ticket's Notes tab. In this tab, under the note itself, you can find information such as who created the ticket (the Create By field), when it was created and when it was last updated. When a customer creates the ticket via the Web Interface, you will see the Web User name in this field. This way you can always see who opened the ticket, and who it relates to by using the Contact field. You can also add the Create By fields to your reports including the Technician Service Forms. It is also always available under the Ticket' Notes tab.

I hope this is helpful!

Neta

Comment

These would not be cases where they would be using the web portal. We are primarily getting these through the email connector or by phone.

Comment

I see... our suggestion indeed works for tickets opened by customers using the Web portal.
            I hope someone else finds this tip useful :-)

Neta

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion to use the field1,2 and 3.
              It works for me.

BTW can i ask how many times do we need to keep on refresh to get the latest details.
              My experience is after i do something and click save and close. It didnt reflect when i open on other items. E.g. create new ticket on "ticket" then save and close. I click on accounts, under the accounts that i created the ticket does not reflect the ticket that i just created. I need to refresh then i get it to be reflected.

Comment

Usually if a specific window is already open when performing the update, then you should click the Refresh in order to see the update. In your example, if the account window was already open when you created the new ticket, then you should click the Refresh in the Tickets tab in order to see the new ticket. If you open this account window only after creating the ticket, then you will automatically see the most updated information already.

BTW, if you create the ticket directly from the account ticket's tab, you will see the ticket in the list right away after saving and closing the ticket window.

I hope this helps to make it clearer.

Sherry

Comment

Working...
                X