No announcement yet.

Tip: Save RangerMSP's Windows Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Tip: Save RangerMSP's Windows Configuration

Users can save their own windows settings within the RangerMSP application so that they can reuse the configuration that is most comfortable to them every time they log in. This can save time, and allows you to arrange the windows as you prefer.

Features:
    1) Save window locations – Move windows, such as Accounts, Tickets, etc., around on your screen, and resize them as you like. These window locations and sizes will be saved for the next time you log in toRangerMSP.

2) Save tab size – You can resize the tabs section on your display, and it will be saved so that each time you open a new window, the ratio between the top part of the window and the tabs on the bottom will be the same.

3) Save current filters – If you use filters when viewing lists (such as for Accounts, Tickets, Dispatchers, Employees, etc.), you can save the current display so that each time you log in to the system, the same filter will be displayed.

Examples
    (1) Let's say you want to permanently hide some of the employees that show up in the dispatcher (e.g. some persons are non-technical and not part of your billable work). You can remove them by hiding them in the dispatcher's calendar window, and then save these settings. Next time you login the dispatcher will show only the users you have selected.

(2) In case you do not wish to view secondary contacts in the main accounts window, you can hide the secondary contacts (click the [all types] menu and un-select the Show Secondary Contacts indication). Then save these settings so the window will open this way next time you login to the system.

Saving the Display settings is performed from Windows menu > Save Current Open Windows configuration for Next Login.

Enjoy!

The RangerMSP Team

Re: Tip: Save Commit's Windows Configuration

Can you customise the saved view for multiple pages... ie... the Dispatcher and Accounts view ?? So that it looks the way I want each time I log in with my account ??

Comment

Re: Tip: Save RangerMSP's Windows Configuration

Hi,

The current page layout can be saved so that each time you load the client application, this layout will be used.

To do this, please go to: Windows menu > Save Current Open Windows Configruation for Next Logins.

Hope this helps.

Reno

Comment

Re: Tip: Save Commit's Windows Configuration

CommitCRM Support:
        Thanks, this works great for removing specific employees from the dispatch window as you suggested. However, we have a problem where the lower ticket window in Dispatcher view is always "sneaking up" the screen. ;) Its height is increased until you can only see 1/2 the day. I resize all the time! I tried lowering, saving the view, but it didn't work. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Comment

Re: Tip: Save RangerMSP's Windows Configuration

Hi Joshua,

I've tested this option just now. It worked fine.
          Please try again, and remember to close all windows inside RangerMSP, set the lower pane size, save configuration, and restart RangerMSP.
          If this doesn't help, then can you send a screenshot with what does come up?
          That would really help.

Reno Breen

Comment

Working...
          X