Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change the date format from day / month to month / day ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Change the date format from day / month to month / day ??

Hi there,

I find it hard to believe I am the first one to ask this question... but I searched for a good 15 minutes and couldn't find anything on this!

In the Tickets section, there is an Open: date field and a Due Date: date field (and this applies for every date field).

The default date format is dd/mm/yyyy, which is the European standard. Is there any way to change this to the U.S. standard, mm/dd/yyyy?

I tried right-clicking and going to Field Settings, but that doesn't let me change it. I've looked all through the Tools--Options menu and can't find it.

Thanks for the help! (If you're going to suggest getting used to the dd/mm/yyyy format... please save it! :-) We have gotten used to the mm/dd/yyyy format for so long that it's hard-wired into our brains!!).

Re: Change the date format from day / month to month / day ??

Works fine for me.

This might help -

Open the Options... window under the Tools menu and try changing the default system date format to mm/dd/yyyy. A client restart might be required.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mark...

Very strange! I was in that very same Tools...Options dialog and didn't see that "Date Format" section. I was logged in as another user though trying to help them out... and they are set as "Limited." Now when I am logged in as myself, with full administrative privileges, I can see it. That would be odd if it were only available to administrators (or whatever the setting above Limited is.. forgot what it's called).

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip Mark, setting this in the Tools > Options window is indeed the right way to go about it. Setting the date format can be done only by administrators because this takes effect for all users.

Cheers,

Neta

Comment

Is there a list someplace that will tell us which options are global and which are per user? This would be helpful to know when I am making a change for all users instead of having to tell them how I would like them to set it up.

Comment

Yes, this sounds helpful, and I have passed your feedback on to the relevant team. Thanks.

Neta

Comment

Working...
            X