No announcement yet.

I'm not being notified by email on newly created tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

I'm not being notified by email on newly created tickets

We're testing out CommitCRM at our small office and I am having an issue with new tickets being emailed to me.

Here are some details:

- My user account is part of the sys admin group.
    - My email address is set correctly, and the email settings on the CommitCRM server are set correctly. I know this because other users are receiving emails from CommitCRM when new tickets are opened.
    - Also, when I send an email to help@ourdomain.com (which is our CommitCRM email address) from an outside email address, CommitCRM will send a "[ASSIGNED] CommitCRM Ticket - New [0500-1014, New, NAME, COMPANY]" email to my internal address just fine.

- In Tools...Options...Alerts I have the following set:

My Alerts Status -- ON
    Alerts Will Be Sent To The Following Email Address: Email1: tonyj@ourdomain.com
    Account Manager Alerts -- ON
    Ticket Manager Alerts -- ON
    Tickets - Opened -- ON
    Tickets - Closed -- ON
    Calendar - Appointments and Tasks -- ON.

When any user creates a ticket from the desktop client interface, shouldn't I receive an email notifying me about the new ticket? Other users are receiving this email, just not me.

Is there an error log I can look at, or some way to determine why this email is not being sent, or I am not receiving it? (No spam/junk filters, no email antivirus, no software firewall are running).

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3, our mail server is Exchange Server 2007, CommitCRM Server is on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise. Alerts Server is set to ON in ServerConfig.exe. This is the latest version of CommitCRM as of around 1/1/2009 (about when we installed it).

~Tony

Re: I'm not being notified by email on newly created tickets

Hi Tony,

Mmmm... sounds like a tricky one :-) Thanks for providing all the relevant information. It really looks like you have everything defined properly especially when other users do receive the email alerts.

Please start by checking the following:

1. Make sure your email which is defined in your Email1 field is typed correctly.
    2. Make sure you have restarted the RangerMSPServer service after performing any setting updates, so it will take effect in the service.
    3. Not sure this will help, but maybe taking a look in the troubleshooting section may help - see if you find anything helpful there.

Let me know how it goes and if the issue persists we will continue from there.

Ethan

Comment

Ethan,

Thanks for the info. I went into my CRM client, turned all alerts/email notifications OFF, restarted the CommitCRM services, waited a while and then turned them all back ON again, restarted the CommitCRM services again, and now it works!

So if anyone else has this same problem in the future, try completely disabling the Alerts feature, restarting the server, and re-enabling it.

Comment

That's great! Glad to hear it's working now :-)

Ethan

Comment

I had the exact same problem, acrosser's method fixed it for me too.

Comment

Working...
          X