Status and Status Ext: How do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Status and Status Ext: How do you use?

Okay,

I'm on the cusp of reorganizing the default Status messages in Commit, and creating some Status-Ext ones.

Before I dive in, I thought I'd check with others to see how they are using this; Are people using the standards, or are they redoing them? Any change requires some trial and error, and I'd like to learn from other people's experience.

In my mind, the following status messages are useful;

New
    In-Progress
    Completed
    Hold
    Canceled
    Other

I think it's more useful to use Status-Ext for most of the other messages. Particularly, these status-ext's can be used;

New -
    In-Progress - Wait on Parts, Wait on Customer, Wait on Management
    Completed - Ready for Pickup
    Hold
    Scheduled
    Canceled
    Other

The idea was to use the status messages (Which are limited in number) for the basic stages of work in the shop. Waiting on parts or customers still means the work is being done and in progress, as a big part of every job is one of those three items.

I guess we could have an on-site vs in-shop field as well, but we really don't distinguish work that way.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Status and Status Ext: How do you use?

Ah, have I made this thread title look like I'm just asking how to use it? I should have said "Planning Status and Status Ext use" - or do most of you not mess with the default status?

Comment

Re: Status and Status Ext: How do you use?

Hi cforger, just wanted to point you to a thread which shows one possible usage for the Status Ext. field - you can see the details here. This suggestion specifically discusses getting feedback from customers on closed tickets. Perhaps this will give you some more ideas for using this field.

I know the Status Ext is being used in various ways, and the nice thing about this field is the ability to filter the tickets by it, which allows you to easily see which tickets are currently in a specific status and sub-status.

Anyway, I hope this helps :-)

Neta

Comment

Working...
      X