No announcement yet.

Feature Poll - Let's Vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Feature Poll - Let's Vote!

I am doing an independent feature poll for CommitCRM. I will be compiling a list of features, allowing users to vote on them and then sending the results to CommitCRM support. The request for features comes up all the time, but I think it would be good for the community AND CommitCRM Development to see what is popular. For us, as users, it would be nice to know what we could expect to see coming down the pipe, and for development it would be good for them to focus their efforts.

So, if you have a feature request, please post it here. I will then post a link to the poll where you can vote.

Thank you,

Luke

Re: Feature Poll - Let's Vote!

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the great initiative and for your support. We believe that a big part of our success is based on the continuous feedback we get from our community. Thank you, it is much appreciated.

As for polls, we have been listening to requests for polling on features and we would like to let you know that we plan on starting posting polls on this forum soon after our coming release! In any case, we'll be more than happy to learn from additional polls. Thanks.

Ethan

Comment

Hey Ethan,

That's great! When is the new release due?

Thanks,

Luke

Comment

I believe we will be releasing the beta in just a few weeks :-)

Ethan

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
          * Note by Support Team: Some of the feature requests in this post were implemented in version 5.0:

1) Activity Templates
          2) Recurring Charges

Click here for more details.

> Original Post:

Here are my top items:
          1. Templates
          Ticket Text
          Ticket Formatting
          Email formatting / text
          Appointment Formatting
          2. Recurring Charges
          Ability to charge a client for a monthly service contract model and not to have to recreate the ticket and charges manually.
          3. Ability to Sync specific categories from Outlook toCommitCRM.
          4. Appointment / Calendar Scheduling in Web Interface.
          Those are my tops for now

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
            * Note by Support Team: Some enhancements to the Outlook Auto-Sync were implemented in version 5.0:

1) The ability to use auto-sync when syncing other users (this means only one application should be running in the office in order to sync everyone's calendars).
            2) The ability to save the auto-sync settings between sessions.

Click here for more details.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

> Original Post:
            My top feature requests would be regarding the Outlook synchronization feature:

1. The option to run an Outlook Sync service/exe on the CommitCRM CRM -server- that automatically syncs with the user's Exchange account.

(This is primarily for technicians that use a laptop, and take the laptop with them. They can't have CommitCRM running all the time, and so Outlook Auto-Syncing can't happen all the time. And if the office admins create an appointment in the tech's calendar then they have to remember to manually "Sync other user's Outlook appointments.")

2. The option to shorten the auto-sync interval down to 2 minutes, and the option to have the auto-sync run completely silently in the background.

(We are a small company, ~3 techs, on a small network, and even if everyone synced every 2 minutes it would make a very tiny impact on performance/bandwidth... but it would significantly speed up the time it takes to put a new appointment in a tech's calendar... if a user checks their Outlook calendar then they don't have to wonder if an appointment had been added in the last 30 minutes that hadn't been synced yet).

I don't know if you can roll those 2 feature requests into one "Improved Outlook Synchronization Abilities" feature on the poll, but I would like to see it on the poll!

Also I know some of these features are already planned (like background Outlook syncing) in the upcoming release.

Comment

~ * Note by Support Team: Some of the feature requests in this post were implemented in version 5.0:
              ~
              ~ The new Contract-Price Charges are copied together with the contract when batch-copying contracts!
              ~
              ~ Click here for more details.

> Original Post:

acrosser, I'm with you there - feeling your pain.

stsanford, I've got your features on too... What I do for the recurring charges is... 1) Do a batch copy on the contracts, and 2) manually go to each account that had a contract copied and right click on the "monthly charge" and click "copy." That brings the charge up in a new screen where I can change the date, price or whatever I want to. I know it isn't what it needs to be, but it works for the time being - (until CommitCRM sees that everyone would LOVE this feature and includes it in the next release!) :)

Comment

Unfortunately the forum posts do not lead real well to develop features and rank their value. Let's try this.

http://commitusers.uservoice.com/

I would like to concentrate on things that can be automated through the CommitCRM API. As users we have no control over the base application, but CommitCRM has provided us a method to accomplish a lot of the things I see discussed. Putting our heads together I believe many of the things I see request can be created outside ofCommitCRM.

I will work on my list of features I would like to handle. Lets see where they rank.

Vernon Southmayd
                http://commitusers.uservoice.com

Comment

vsouthmayd, that is precisely what I was trying to do... I must have not explained myself well enough initially. I am collecting feature requests then I will make a provide a public poll for users to vote.

Thanks,

Luke

Comment

~ * Note by Support Team: Some of the feature requests in this post were implemented in version 5.0:
                    ~
                    ~ (3) Better formatting for the data pre-populated in appointments
                    ~
                    ~ Click here for more details.

> Original Post:

Hello Everyone,

I think this is a great idea.

My needs are as follows:

1. When selecting a ticket priority, it would be nice to have a due date automatically entered within the ticket. With the old system we used, we could set up what each priority meant and have it auto calculate the due date (ex: Low Priority = due in 3 days)
                    2. Exchange backend synching would be AWESOME.
                    3. Having the ability to edit what is pre-populated in the dispatcher (ex, SERVICE CALL: <Client Name> / <Ticket Number>, then description, etc... as well as what gets sent to quickbooks.
                    4. In the ticket display window, have the ability to display the contact next to the account name. We have several retail clients that are on time blocks. We have to have each one of their locations listed as a contact to properly account for time. It would be great to see 'Contact' as a column in the tickets screen.
                    5. A Dashboard for each user type (admin, limited, etc...) so that, at a glance, you can easily see the statud of tickets, how many are past due, if any, Any unbilled costs, etc...
                    6. A MUCH better report designer, with snap to grid. It is very difficult to customize reports inCommitCRM.
                    7. Web Interface. It really should look and act as close to the actual application as possible.

Thats all I have. I love CommitCRM and can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Austin Speer
                    Onward Incorporated
                    Southern California

Comment

aaspeer,

I will add your features to the list.

However, I will say that the snap to grid is already available in the report designer. Just go to View->Grid Options in the Report Designer.

Also, you can edit the text that is sent to QB. You can edit the default stuff in the CommitCRM Options, and you can also free text edit when you are doing the export.

On behalf of Commit,

Thanks for your input!

Comment

I have another feature I would like to request. I hope that if it isn't already planned in the upcoming release that it hasn't been already requested.

When you create a new Ticket from the desktop client, CommitCRM pops up a New Ticket dialog box. The amount of fields that are displayed and info you can enter on this dialog is limited (for example, the Status Ext. field is available).

So if you want to set any of these fields then you have to create the Ticket, then open it back up and set the appropriate field(s).

It would be nice if the New button created a new ticket and let you use the "General" - "Contract/Asset" - "Details" - etc... tabs below to enter the necessary info... or just provide the option to show more fields in the New Ticket dialog window.

Comment

Luke,

Uservoice is a great solution for this since there is no need to compile a list first. Anyone can get a free account and create there own features for voting. Voting is actually anonymous so you do not even need to sign up to vote on features already submitted.

No desire to horn in on your idea compiling the list forCommitCRM. If you would like to take over the UserVoice forum or share the admin info just drop me a line at gmail.com vsouthmayd.

While I am at it not looking to horn in on CommitCRM either. I believe we can find things they have already empowered us to do. I would rather they spend time in the core application developing features there.

Vernon Southmayd
                          http://commitusers.uservoice.com

Comment

Vernon,

No problem at all! It is all about community and working together. I am actually using google docs which allows much of the same thing except for voters cannot add their own items. It creates a more "poll-like" environment.

I'm with you on the API. Maybe we need some direction on exactly what kind of power the API has, and what it should/should not be used for.

Just curious, what are some examples of what you are referring to in this quote: "I believe we can find things they have already empowered us to do."?

I'm going to explore the API a bit and see what can be done with it - great suggestion!

Have a great evening,

Luke

Comment

Okay I have YET ANOTHER feature request! :-) (If it isn't implemented/planned already).

(By the way, I really like CommitCRM and it has helped our IT workflow immensely... there are just a few ways in which it doesn't fit our needs exactly, and hence the feature requests!).

At our company, when IT work is completed by technicians, the office admins create an Estimate in QuickBooks for the billable work done. (Currently they just manually create the Estimate and copy&paste info from the Ticket).

The boss then reviews these Estimates and creates Invoices from them.

It would be nice if the office admins could create the Estimates directly from QuickBooks using the Commit-Quickbooks link, rather than just creating Invoices.

Comment

Working...
                              X