No announcement yet.

Ability to create a QuickBooks estimate, not an invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Ability to create a QuickBooks estimate, not an invoice

At our company, when IT work is completed by technicians, the office admins create an Estimate in QuickBooks for the billable work done. (Currently they just manually create the Estimate and copy&paste info from the Ticket).

The boss then reviews these Estimates and creates Invoices from them.

It would be nice if the office admins could create the Estimates directly from QuickBooks using the Commit-Quickbooks link, rather than just creating Invoices.

Is this possible? Thanks.

Re: Ability to create a QuickBooks estimate, not an invoice

Okay I would like to augment my request a little...

If we had the ability to create an Estimate rather than an Invoice, then that would be great. I talked to the boss though and he's okay with it creating an Invoice.

However, when we are adding Labor charges, or when we are creating the Invoice, is there anyway to automatically include the Resolution in the Description of the Labor Charge?

We include this info in the Invoice and are currently copying and pasting. I see the "Incl. in Description" dropdown... but it only lets us put in the Date, Employee, Ticket, or Contract. It would be nice if this included Resolution as well!

Comment

This has come up before... No you can't do what you are trying to do... What is exported to QB is only charge descriptions. You, CAN, however put the ticket description/resolution in the charge.

I have customized a report that I print out with each invoice that shows the ticket #, problem and resolution. I then enclose that with the invoice. That seems to work well.

Comment

This is what I do as well, I have a report that shows the ticket, prob and resolution which I include with the invoice, the invoice then only needs to refer to the ticket number and not contain the detailed job info.

Comment

Working...
        X