Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Issue with charges RangerMSP - Quickbooks link

Hi Guys,

Thanks for sending this in.
    We believe that we've made some progress in diagnosing this behavior between RangerMSP and QuickBooks AU.

Can you please look in your QuickBooks company file settings and try adjusting the show sales with/without GST option?

We’ve heard this has corrected this behavior in other Australian systems.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
    Doron

Comment

Re: Issue with charges CommitCRM - Quickbooks link

dont know if i am the odd one out or what - but just wanted to let you know that I am using Quickbooks Pro 08/09 (Australian) and am not having the problems you guys are having. If you want me to check anything just let me know. (Not sure where the sales with/without GST option is though)

Win 7 & Vista
      Sbs 2003

Comment

ok its kind of fixed it. The option I changed is under Preferences / Tax / Company Preferences

Changed Sales Figures section to Net, rather than Gross.

However now the amounts I put in in CommitCRM it is treating as not including GST so when the invoice is generated in Quickbooks, Quickbooks is adding the GST to the figure. All the prices I type into CommitCRM in a charge are Sales Tax / GST inclusive. Is there a setting in CommitCRM to reflect that so Quickbooks knows its being sent the GST inclusive figure?

Comment

re the above, have tried removing the tax in the item properties (so its blank) but its still adding GST. Should i delete the GST tax from the CommitCRM system entirely?

Comment

Hi Natrat,

Thanks for the update.
            When the RangerMSP system passes charge information to QuickBooks, the charge information passed never includes sum amounts, since the invoices created via QuickBooks, use the QuickBooks items themselves.

The way the invoice is created is that RangerMSP passes account identification information, item identification and quantity values.

The QuickBooks system uses this information to locate the correct items and account in the QuickBooks database, and create its own charge using only the QuickBooks account, QuickBooks items, quantities, and QuickBooks tax settings.

This means that RangerMSP would never have any connection with the tax calculations used in your QuickBooks invoices, even if created using RangerMSP.

We suggest testing invoice creation to see if this also happens when you don't use RangerMSP; and if so, then once this is resolved then it should also resolve itself in RangerMSP.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
            Reno Breen

Comment

ok i have added a new tax in CommitCRM called None at 0% and set it as the Tax 1 in the Options under both Accounts and Charges & Contracts section.

I have also set it as the tax code for the stock item i am testing with.

However still when i go to create a invoice via Commit, the invoice creation confirmation screen in CommitCRM is adding 10% GST to the invoice.

help!

Comment

Hi Natrat,

Thanks for the update.
                Even if the invoice creation wizard shows the figures with the tax set in RangerMSP, once passed to QuickBooks, the charge would be reprocessed by QuickBooks using the item and tax settings in QuickBooks. This means that tax settings or calculations made in the RangerMSP charge would be irrelevant, since QuickBooks generated the charge again using the settings used in QuickBooks.

If you are generating RangerMSP reports, then you would need to verify that your RangerMSP accounts as well as your RangerMSP items are set with the tax codes that you need.

More information on using taxes in RangerMSP can be found here.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
                Reno Breen

Comment

ok thanks. It would seem that no matter what settings I choose in Quickbooks I can't stop tax from being added to the created invoice. The only way i've found that works is to remove the tax from the item in Quickbooks but this then screws up everything relating to tax collection and reporting. This is extremely annoying as it means all charges i type into CommitCRM I have to run through the calculator to get the ex-GST amount.

What would be good is if CommitCRM charges had an option, like Quickbooks does, to show amounts including or excluding tax when creating the charge in the ticket. Then I could type the charges into CommitCRM including GST but the amount sent to Quickbooks would be the ex-GST amount. I shan't hold my breath though :)

Any other AU Quickbooks users think of any other way around this?

Comment

EasyIT, could you advise if you have the same issue as me with the charge amount entered into CommitCRM having GST added to it in Quickbooks? do you need to type all your CommitCRM charges in as ex-GST?

Comment

Hi all - I'm in NZ and just getting ready to start using QB 2010 Au version.

I'm also having this problem - I need to be able to enter prices that are inclusive of GST in Commit, and have these prices stay the same in QB. -- but show how much GST was charged on the invoice.

I always quote prices to customers that are GST inclusive, so it becomes a real headache when you have to remove the GST before entering the price into Commit, then check the invoice afterwards.

If someone has managed this please pipe up!

Comment

Hi Soho-nz,

Thanks for posting this.
                        Since RangerMSP does not support reverse tax calculations (i.e. tax cannot be calculated in RangerMSP from within a tax inclusive price); RangerMSP reports will not be able to be used in this manner.

We suggest canceling Tax Calculation in RangerMSP; and including a footnote in all RangerMSP charge reports that Taxes are included in all prices.

QuickBooks invoices are issued using accounts and items from the QuickBooks database and not the items you originally charged in RangerMSP; this works with a logical link between RangerMSP and QuickBooks items and accounts, which allows RangerMSP to tell QuickBooks which items to charge to which customer with what taxes; even though you canceled tax calculation in RangerMSP.

This means that once your items and tax settings are set to your liking in QuickBooks; the RangerMSP charges should also have the correct setting.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
                        Doron

Comment

Hi Support,

I am still fighting to get this to do what I need.

I have switched off all taxes inCommitCRM.
                          In QB (2010 Australian version), Tax preferences, I have "Sales Figures" set to Gross (Inclusive of GST), default Tax Code set to S.

This is what happens - if "Allow tax inclusive (gross) prices and costs to be entered." is ticked in QB, all the line items appear on the invoice with zero price.

If I untick this field, then GST is added to the price from Commit, which is what I am trying to avoid.

Comment

Hi Soho-NZ,

The catch with CommitCRM seems to be that prices are always tax exclusive. This would suit the US and other markets, but not Australia (and possibly not New Zealand), perhaps the developers are aware of the different regulations we have in Australia. Regardless I’d doubt tax inclusive pricing would be a priority because I don’t think the Australia version of QuickBooks is officially supported.

What I have found is that if the “Amounts include tax” option is ticked on the invoice screen of QuickBooks then all pricing in CommitCRM is ignored. Untick it and then your pricing will come across exactly how you enter it in CommitCRM (excluding tax).

To make things work for us I have setup an account in QuickBooks namedCommitCRM. This is the account that is used for the integration. I logged into that account in QuickBooks and unticked the “Amounts include tax” option on an invoice, then logged out. So now every time CommitCRM generates an invoice the option is un-ticked, but for the rest of our staff (who may need to enter invoices into QuickBooks that don’t relate to Commit) the option remains ticked.

Then when we go to print the invoice that CommitCRM generated in QuickBooks we simply tick the “Amounts include tax” and we get what we are after. Occasionally we may need to make a rounding adjustment (i.e. what was intended to be $1399.00 may become $1399.01) but on the whole it works reasonably well.

The only real inconvenience is that we have to enter the price in CommitCRM excluding tax. What would be great is if CommitCRM had two prices shown on the charge (an inc price and an ex price) and we could set a calculation to be applied. That way we could enter inc prices, but they could be recorded as ex prices and it would save opening up the calculator every time.

On the topic of charges in Commit, another improvement that could be made is the ability to enter multiple product/part charge lines from the one screen. When you have to put anywhere from 5 to 20 lines on an invoice it isn’t fun opening the product/part charge screen every time, in fact it is extremely inefficient.

Hope this information may be of some use.

Christian

Comment

Christian, - thanks for your post - I have tried what you suggest and this does achieve the correct result.

CommitCRM Support - if you are reading this, I think there are quite a few users who need the ability to enter a tax inclusive price in CommitCRM and have that transferred to Quickbooks. Although I can workaround this problem, it means that I have to:

1) calculate & remove the tax before it is entered intoCommitCRM.
                              2) amend each invoice before it is sent.

I was hoping that CommitCRM & QB would streamline my billing process, but with these extra steps it won't be much faster, and errors are even more likely. Can something please be done?

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting all this for our AU community.
                                We have been monitoring this thread and all the suggestions made here, and we have taken the necessary notes about using GST with RangerMSP/QuickBooks.

I've copied this feedback into a feature request to have the RangerMSP QuickBooks Link updated, as well as your votes, so that the product management team can review this and add it to the list.

Thanks again.

Regards,
                                Sherry.

Comment

Working...
                                X