XML API With Account lookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

XML API With Account lookup?

Hello,

I am working on a web page that will allow our clients and there employees to submit a ticket without having log into the CommitCRM CRM web interface. Currently the page formats the information in the correct XML format and sends it as email to the email connector forging the from address as the clients address. We would like it to determine the Account from the senders email address while populating certain fields via the XML API. Is this possible and if so what is the best way?

Thanks,

-- Daniel

Re: XML API With Account lookup?

Thanks for your question.

The Email Connector provides a few ways for creating new tickets.

The first and simplest way is sending the email as if it came from the client (set their email in the "from" email address"). This will simply take the email body and set it as the ticket's description.

The second option is sending the email as an "automated email", which means you set the customer's name in the email subject, and the system finds the customer by name in the system, and copies the email body as-is into the ticket description.

The third option, involves XML. In case you wish to send an XML transaction in order to create a ticket, this requires setting the Record ID of the customer within the XML transaction. There is no way to transfer the customer email or name in the subject or in the "from" email address - the customer identifier has to part of the XML transaction.

So to summarize, I think the first option would be the easiest way to go about it, where you basically send the form as if it came as an email from the customer.

I hope this makes sense. You can read more about all of these option in the Email Connector user guide here.

Ethan

Comment

Working...
    X