No announcement yet.

Emails sent from CommitCRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Emails sent from Commit

I am strongly considering buying CommitCRM and have been wondering if there is a way to "interface" it with my existing Kayako ticketing system. I have done the trial version of CommitCRM and think it is a wonderful tool and does a great job of what it does, however I also think from what I have read in the forums, that it needs to be "opened" a bit. I see there is starting to be some connectivity to some of the MSP platforms. Most of your customers are already using a MSP platform and would prefer to keep using it along withCommitCRM. The same goes for other ticketing systems.

I do not believe that there is or even should be one piece of software that can run an entire business. I want to be able to use the best piece for each part of the business. CommitCRM does a great job with the CRM part and I think Kayako is the best ticketing system out there. I just wish there was more interoperability between the two. Maybe CommitCRM could "license" the Kayako ticketing system or at least work with them or other companies to achieve this.

The end result will only be a better product and happy customers.

Comment

Funny that I sold Kayako to move to CommitCRM as I felt it was better suited for the business model.

Comment

Re: Emails sent from RangerMSP

Thanks for your comments dyntech.

We believe that we're pretty open.

We publish an API to the RangerMSP system.
        Using the API developers can write programs that do a lot of things. Integrating with other systems should quite easy using the API.

Using RangerMSP's API you can - add and update - tickets, accounts, assets, charges, appointments, tasks, history notes, documents etc.

We also offer full access to our database for read only purposes. This means that using SQL you can query and fetch any piece of information stored in the RangerMSP database.

If you prefer to use another ticketing system and sync the tickets with the ones in RangerMSP you can write a plug-in using our API that'll sync the info.
        You'll just need to check whether the other system is open as well and will let you integrate with it.

I hope this shed some light on the subject.

Dina

Comment

I'm sure my comments are premature, but...

While I applaud your efforts at responding to user requests (as someone has already said), this is NOT what we need. The solution I'm seeing is ridiculous. This is almost equal to what we had before. Why can't you figure this out? WHY does email have to be stored in clumsy email files that have to be filed in the Client's documents? Can't you see how crazy this is? So now I am going to have to go searching through 100 emails to find that one document that contains license info? ...or network documention... etc...

Listen, this is a great start, but why didn't you do it right to begin with? Maybe I'm missing something, but a BCC or a CC to support@mycompany.com does not fill the bill.

We need a REAL email/ticketing system.

I am about ready to hang it up and go find a better solution.

--Luke

Comment

Oh, and by the way, I think if you would have asked ANYONE on this forum what they thought about your idea... You would have gotten 95% of the people saying just what I just said. I've been hanging on to this hope that you guys would get this stuff right... Now... I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of that.

Comment

I was just asking for the outgoing email to say help@ourcompany.com :-)

Comment

Lol, sorry, I guess we got a little off topic! :/

Comment

Just trying to lighten it up a bit :-)

Comment

Easy IT, DigitalMinds and I are asking for an email broker to manage the emails. I use Kayako, Easy IT uses Cerberus. I think many are missing the point here. We are not ALWAYS sitting at our desk using Outlook. I personally use an iPhone. I MUST be able to reply from any client, Web/Mobile Phone, anywhere and tracked. Quick and short of it, tickets from customers come in via "support@MYcompany.com", Kayako picks it up, processes it and sends to my "jtfinley@MYcompany.com" with a REPLYTO as "support@MYcomany.com". When I reply, it goes back thru the ticketing system and Kayako again, parses it, and sends it back to the customer as "support@MYcompany.com". Kayako knows who the customer and who the tech is. I don't want to have to CC, BCC anyone. Kayako takes care of all of that for me.

Either we're having a understanding/communication barrier or I and others haven't explained it well enough, but this MUST be in COMMIT for myself and appears many other users to effectively run our business.

Comment

To expand more, with the way CommitCRM is setup now if a "contact" is not registered under an ACCOUNT, the email goes to a designated person or mailbox. I have customers who have 150-200 users. All of them send emails to "support@MYcompany.com", I CANT sit there and enter every EMAIL to make sure a ticket is created under the correct account. With some of their turn-over, we would spend more time adding/deleting Company Account Contacts than generating business. This is why it's SOOOOO important that whoever the email is from, a ticket is generated. If we could parse the email before creating the ticket based on "@DOMAINNAME.COM" or something, this would then place under the correct customer account.

Comment

Dear CommitCRM Team:

I think this area is definitely a hot spot for most of us in the industry. Tickets are how we prioritize and managed our workload. I also think you can see that the most of the individuals that read this forum seem to feel that you are missing the mark on how to handle tickets and the associated emails generated by them. I think everyone will unanimously agree that there should be no need for Outlook or and special configuration as all that gets thrown out the window when you work through the web interface.

My suggestion is start with the foundation of we shouldn't have to go anywhere else besides the CommitCRM ticket interface to communicate with our customers. If you implement anything based on that then you'll be pretty close to where we all need the application to be.

Personally, I think it is pretty simple equation. When a technician updates or creates a ticket, the have the ability to AUTOMATICALLY send an email confirmation through the email connector. If a client responds via email, the ticket should AUTOMATICALLY be updated and moved off hold status. Customers want to know the status so it's pretty apparent that their should be an automated way within CommitCRM to send out emails through its SMTP capability.

Tell me we'll be able to accomplish that in 5.1 and I'll be a happy camper.

--AJ

Comment

I think the CommitCRM Team is on vacation from this thread! ;) Anyway, right on, AJ!

Comment

AJ -- Exactly! It drives me nuts having to use another product for this seemingly simple capability (Ticketing). Right now, and to refer back to Kayako, but when a customer responds back after our response, the ticket is put into a "Received-Customer-Feedback". That way any techs looking at the queues know a customer responded. We also set up the queues that show techs that respond sends the ticket into a queue "Awaiting-Customer-Feedback".

Comment

Luke, I think if CommitCRM Team nails this ticketing integration, allow importing/exporting of Activity Templates, and importing of Assets from various MMS tools (Kasaya, N-Able which I use) they will have a well-rounded product.....

Their support is always responsive and a joy to work with....

Joe

Comment

Re: Emails sent from RangerMSP

Guys,

Thank you for all the great feedback. You are really helping us design the future of RangerMSP, its features and making it a better product.

We hear you and were internally discussing this again quite a lot during the last few days.

RangerMSP 5.1 will offer nice features including ones for email threading. However, as stated, what we'll offer incorporates some different thoughts and ideas on this.

We were thinking about delaying the 5.1 release and implementing the additional options required to support the ideas and scenarios suggested in this thread.
                                Finally we've decided not to delay the release as we believe it includes useful email threading capabilities and other features that can help users today (we did not want to hold back new features which are ready to be used...).

Features that better reflect the scenarios suggested here will make their way into 5.2 (we actually already started working on those).

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and taking part in this discussion.

The RangerMSP Team

Comment

Working...
                                X