No announcement yet.

Emails sent from CommitCRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Emails sent from Commit

Can you please explain a bit more about what you are calling email threading? My vision of email threading is where you can easily see the chain of corresponse both incoming and outgoing. But from what I've read here it sounds like each email is still just going to be kept as a seperate entry on the doc tab like it currently does. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean when you say email threading. So if you could describe it better I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

CommitCRM Support,

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate the effort that you guys put into listening to community feedback. It re-affirms my decision to use your software as a PSA tool.

I'll just try to be patient now and wait for 5.2!

Thanks a lot!

Luke

Comment

The CommitCRM team seems has been historically responsive to their customers needs and I think they hear us loud-and-clear on this issue. I suggest we let them focus on releasing 5.1 and then 5.2. If they are telling us it will be in 5.2, then I'm sure by then they'll have a way of handling tickets that doesn't require Outlook.

--AJ

Comment

Re: Emails sent from RangerMSP

Thanks guys.

@ascendnet -
          "separate entry on the doc tab" - 5.1
          "chain of corresponse both incoming and outgoing" - 5.2

Comment

CommitCRM Support:

Thanks for listening to our needs. Will we be able to reply to email threads from the web interface in 5.2?

Comment

digitalminds, this is a good point and we'll be looking at it as well. Thanks.

Comment

CommitTeam: I'd be more than happy to open my current ticket system so you can take a look as how it operates. Just let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the kind invitation jtfinley.
                  I believe that we will contact you directly with this once 5.1 is out...

--
                  On a side note, you can apply to join 5.1 beta here (link removed)

Comment

Hi CommitCRM Support,

Are you able to update us on the plans for the next release and what email/ticketing will features will be implemented?

It would be really great if:

proper threading (Not doc attachments - as lpopejoy said having 100's of emails in the docs is crazy)

ability to send updates independant of Outlook - from within CommitCRM client and Web interface. (And option to automatically send updates if ticket is updated [or a tickbox within ticket] )

ticket escalation - We need the ability to set SLA's and alert us when a ticket has not been responded to accordingly

"Email Broker" (for use when using outlook) as jtfinely describes. (tech shouldnt have to remember to BCC CommitCRM and change his/her from address)

were all implemented. I, and I am sure many others would be very happy :)

Cheers,
                    Jeremy

Comment

Jeremy,

Thank you for following up.

Yes, we are heading in this direction and plan to implement many of the ideas mentioned in this thread.

You'll probably be able to use these enhancements in 5.2 :-)

On a side note: The referred "5.2" may be renamed to "5.3" - name changes only - this will be the case if we'll be releasing another mid-term version sometime during the next few weeks - we hate holding new features which are already ready, so we consider releasing them as 5.2 instead of holding them until the originally planned "major 5.2" is ready.

Doron

Comment

Doron,

Good to hear. An added note, what would be the best approach for "devices", literally, equipment sending alerts to create a ticket (Firewall, switch, cameras) and not having Commit's Mail Connector stop due to the mailbox it came from does not exist?

Comment

Jeremy,

RangerMSP Email Connector doesn't stop if the Sender email address is not recognized. What it does is forward this email to your support staff for manual review.
                          In general, devices that sends emails can be configured to send emails using the Customer email address (any email from the customer domain) as the Sender - in this case a ticket will automatically open for the customer, or, if you can control the email content format, use the Automated Emails feature of the email connector to automatically identify automated emails from different devices, identify to which customer they are related to and open the relevant service ticket. Review the email connector documentation for detailed information on this.

Doron

Comment

Working...
                          X