Exporting data to excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Exporting data to excel

Hi,

I am having an issue of exporting data to excel. It seems that not all the data were exported.
    Especially the ticket resolution. When i export out, only some not all those keyed in the resolution column were export out onto excel.

Do you have any workaround or its the limitation where you can key in a lot of things in the resolution column but only can export limited numbers of characters.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Re: Exporting data to excel

Hi,

Thank you for posting this question.
    Sure, you can use the Advanced Export option to export any specific fields to a file, and then load that file in excel.
    To do this:
    Go to Tools menu > Import & Export > Export > Select Tickets > Select the Tickets - Resolution Description, and any other fields you need in Excel.
    This method should also bypass the character limitation on the previous exports you preformed.
    Please see the screenshot.

Reno Breen

Comment

Hi Reno,

Thanks for the advice but i've tried your method but it still been cut off.
      Could you try to key in alot of information there line by line maybe more than 5 lines...it seems to cut off after 5 lines.

Any other way to do it? i really need the complete resolution.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

When you use the export option, please use the Export to Worksheet method.
        This will pass the 255 character limitation. (Tested here with 33,000 characters in multiple fields.)

Reno Breen

Comment

It works!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for telling us.
            Let me know if you need anything else :-)

Reno Breen

Comment

Working...
            X