No announcement yet.

Secondary Account Contacts - How to Deal with Users no Longer There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Secondary Account Contacts - How to Deal with Users no Longer There

I was going through our database and discovered several contacts associated with accounts that are no longer employed at those accounts. I need a clean way to deal with those records so they do not show up in mail merges, exports and reports while still maintaining the integrity of their associated history records.

I saw a thread from a couple years back saying to put a ZZZ in front of their name to move them to the end of the list, and mark INACTIVE in the name so it's obvious. That, unfortunately is not a good solution.

In Connectwise they give you the option to mark an account and/or a contact as inactive. Doing so keeps them from showing up in reports, exports, etc by default unless you specifically request to show inactive records.

Can we get similar functionality added toCommitCRM? That would sure make my life a lot easier.

If there is a way to do this now, please let me know how as I can't find it, otherwise I ask that this be added to the program.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Jim

Re: Secondary Account Contacts - How to Deal with Users no Longer There

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting this.

We're looking at this already and hopefully come up with an easier way to manage this in the next release, or the one that follows. We want to support a system based Active status that once set to Contacts will prevent them from appearing in selection lists etc. The ZZZ option is a partial solution though it may help for the time being, as it puts all inactive Contacts at the end of the list making it very hard to select them by mistake.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too.

Dina

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with version 6.0 Secondary Contacts can be marked as Not-Active and hidden from the Contacts selection lists.)

Comment

Working...
    X