No announcement yet.

Trying it out - Have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Trying it out - Have questions

I am testing out CRM applications. Yours seems very suited to my business. That being said I have a few questions/issues.

1 - Do we have to perform an "update" every time we make a change to an account? Is there someway to do an automated batch update every hour? My concern is that in the "heat of battle" one of my salespeople will forget to update and we lose the data.

2 - Which brings up the syncing. I see no automated syncing in either direction. ????

3 - Our "accounts" are assigned a salesperson. In the desktop version you can filter them and see only your accounts. I can see no way to do that on the web version. Most of my sales team does not work from where the server is.

If I am not missing something these will be deal killers. I will try to be positive as your software offers so much solution in other areas.

Re: Trying it out - Have questions

Hi SuperiorW&D,

Thank you for posting this. Please find our answers:

1. After performing changes you need to click the Save button to apply them. Just like with Word documents, Excel, etc. In case users will try to navigate outside of a record they've just updated - a message will automatically pop telling them about the unsaved changes.

2. I'm not sure I'm following you here, in any case, if you use Outlook you can enable auto sync of RangerMSP and Outlook (it's a bidirectional sync).

3. You are correct, the Web filtering options are not as advanced as the client ones, anyway, here's an idea on how you can achieve your requirements:

To each sales person select a unique keyword. Like "SWD-SP1", "SWD-SP2" etc.

To assign a sales person to an Account, in addition to selecting is as the Account Manager, store the selected keyword for this salesperson in one of the fields found in the left side of the Details tab of the Accounts window (RangerMSP client).

When logged into the Web interface employee can simply filter the Accounts by their code.

For example: they can type type SWD-SP1 and search, and all Accounts with this value will be listed - i.e. all Accounts they are assigned to will be listed.

You can also use multiple keyword search, so if salesperson 1 (or anyone else) wants to search for Joe's Account, but only wants to search within Accounts assigned to them, they should type the following in the Web search form:

SWD-SP1 joe

As a result, all Accounts assigned to the with the name Joe will be listed.

Hope this helps.
    Dina

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply.

In all cases I was referring to Quickbooks syncing. So...

#1 - Yes, I understand about clicking the save button, but I noticed that we also needed to click the update button to have the info sent to QB.

#2 - Syncing bi-directionally with QB

#3 - I will play with this.

Thanks,
      Roy

Comment

Hi Roy,

Please find some more info re #1 and #2:

#1 - RangerMSP doesn't automatically push updates to QuickBooks customers. This is done intentionally as usually all users have Edit privileges to RangerMSP Accounts, however, you probably wouldn't like any update a user perform to be pushed to QuickBooks, therefore, it's a push sync that it only initiated by a privileges user. The sync from QuickBooks is a batch sync and is also done by a privileged user.

#2 - There is a bi-directional sync of Customers and Items. From QuickBooks it is done in Batch and all updates are applied at once, from RangerMSP to QuickBooks it is done on a one-by-one basis by a privileged user in order to prevent unintentional updates in the accounting software.

Thanks,
        Dina

Comment

Working...
        X