No announcement yet.

5.7 very slow to respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

5.7 very slow to respond

I just upgraded to 5.7 from 5.3. I have the CommitCRM sql database installed along with 8 users. Since the upgrade, CommitCRM is dreadfully slow. When it loads, and a user clicks on tickets, it takes at least 20-40 seconds before the tickets show up. Try to print, it takes 30 seconds for the print dialogue box to come up. Some of the time the software reverts to "Not Responding". The 5.3 ran fast and was perfect. We just upgraded following instructions provided. Same server, same everything. Any ideas?

Re: 5.7 very slow to respond

chumbert, this is not typical and actually all new releases been optimized and should end up working even faster...
    My guess is that something with the Anti-Virus program has affect this. For example, maybe you've white-listed the entire RangerMSP folder tree before but now with all new executable files it scans it again...
    In your Anti-Virus/security program please white-list the entire folder tree including all files and folders from being scanned. This should be the case both on the server side as well as on All client PCs. Then, restart everything, including server side services and try again.

HTH

Comment

So, I have taken the anti virus software off the server, I installed Windows 7 on a virtual machine and get the same result. Funny thing is that I have 2 licenses for CommitCRM. The fresh installation on a different server, runs great. The upgrade is hanging all the time! I do have about 15,000 tickets on the old installation... could that be part of the problem? Any other ideas?

Comment

There should be no problem with 15,000 tickets. We have customers with much more tickets and all work flawlessly just as it has for you until recently.

Please try to set the desktop shortcut you have for RangerMSP on each click PC to use a fixed IP address path instead of a server name (or mapped drive) and see if that helps. This will bypass most (though not all) DNS translation related issues.

Comment

we have tried everything suggested, but still have the hanging problem. Let me be a bit more specific.... when a user logs in, CommitCRM loads fast and all the accounts load fast. When we click on "tickets" on the left, it can take anywhere from 20-40 seconds to load the tickets (a lot of times CommitCRM goes to "not responding". Also, if I click on one of the "ticket status" options like "completed", it freezes again.

The other problem is that it hangs when we try to print. Any other ideas?

Comment

Thank you for the update. We're not sure exactly what's wrong and at least happy to learn that things do load fast, anyway, please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis.

Comment

We aren't using/don't have the SQL database, and we have had the same problem with tickets since the 5.7 upgrade: Tickets take a VERY long time to for the Tickets window to populate when first opened; individual tickets take a long time to open, and ticket creation is a very long wait until the populated ticket appears (the busy curser is visible during these wait times). The wait times seem to be getting longer and longer as time goes on as well. My admins are already complaining, and soon the program will be so slow that we'll need to find a new solution. I'd be very surprised in Chumbert and we are the only ones experiencing this issue. We need a resolution, and we need it fast. I have sent out logs to you just now. Thanks for you help with this.

Comment

Log files have just been received and we will carefully analyze them. Thank you.

Comment

I have tried to send the log files from multiple workstations and get an error each time.

Failed sending Email

The server is not available. Contact your administrator is this condition persists.
                  ErrorCode: -2147221231

And I have the same problem as bdbrower, my techs are ready to kill me for upgrading.

Is it possible the solution is to do a backup and clean install?

Comment

Please zip folder <server>\RangerMSP\Logs and send it to us by email. In the same time send us an email without an attachment telling us that you've sent it.

Thanks.

Comment

mail sent yesterday. if you like we can give you remote access to one of our terminals to see the delays, Thanks

Comment

Logs received and will carefully be analyzed. Thank you.

Comment

You've had my logs for a week and I haven't heard back from anyone. Can you give me an update on the status your analysis please?

Comment

I'm checking the status with the technical team, will let you as soon an I have something.

Sheli

Comment

Here's an update - we may found the cause for this under some configuration and are already looking on ways to bypass it.

Thanks,
                              Sheli

Comment

Working...
                              X