No announcement yet.

Time report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Time report

I have created a field that my support staff will enter time spent on each ticket. Is there a report that will tell me the number of tickets per account and the total time spent. I suspect I may need to setup a custom report, if so what is the best report to start from?

Thanks

Roy

Re: Time report

Normally you should use Charges to log the time you work on tickets, even in cases that you do not wish to really bill the customer for that time directly. When you do, you could perhaps use the Detailed Charges Report by Tickets which shows all the Tickets per Account with hours worked.
    Using the Quick Charge panel at the bottom of the Tickets Window, it is also very very easy to log the time spent!

If you're not using Charges you can add a DBCalc field to a custom report to use your own field for the calculations. There is also Number of Tickets by Account which you could modify to add the time spent field.

Comment

thanks for this. Ideally I am looking for "time spent" on a support call not necessary linked to charges. the charges can be there but that the time spent is more important. So is there a report that can tell me this?

Comment

You could easily log time spent on calls using a Timer (also on Web Interface) and then convert that to a Charge which could be Billable or Not Billable as you prefer and then you can use one of the Charge reports as mentioned previously which will show the hours logged. You could also remove the Charges column and leave just the times. You can also opt to include only the Not Billable charges when generating the report.

If you really don't want to use Charges, even Not Billable, then just add your custom field with DBCalc to a Report such as Number of Tickets by Account so it will show you the total time spent.

To customize reports, as per above, you just need to first make a copy of one of those or some other that you prefer and then use the Report Designer to modify it. You can select existing fields (such as the Charges) and delete them and you can add new fields by selecting from the right side and dragging/dropping onto the Report.

To add your field with calculations just click the DBCalc icon on the toolbar and then click in the report somewhere to place it. Then in the top right corner you can select your field from the dropdown list to use it in the DBCalc. You can also right-click the field to select the type of calculation.

Comment

Working...
        X