Automatically attach external partner reply to ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Automatically attach external partner reply to ticket

RangerMSP User Question*

When I have a ticket and I want to ask a question to an external partner for this ticket, I create an email from the ticket and add the partner email address to the "TO:".
    I have disabled to add these new recipient to the ticket in the RangerMSP option because I don't want this partner to have a follow of this ticket.

When the partner replies, even if the ticket number is in the subject, I get en an error that the partner email address is not found in RangerMSP (Which is normal), and the answer is not attached to the ticket. (Like I have below)

How can I email an external partner a question about a ticket and have their reply attached to my ticket automatically without adding their email to the ticket ?

--
    * Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

Re: Automatically attach external partner reply to ticket

Answer

Please try adding an Account record for the external partner in RangerMSP. This way their email address will be considered a legit one and their reply be accepted. This method is in place or otherwise anyone could spam your RangerMSP simply by sending emails in and forging the subject line, while using this method all (And only) people in your database can reply.

Comment

Working...
    X