Email connector stops working after a few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email connector stops working after a few weeks

Hi,

We've been successfully using the email connector for some time. We recently moved CommitCRM to another server and all worked well except for the email connector randomly stops working after a couple of weeks.

When I noticed the connector's not processing the emails from the POP3 mailbox I check the server config and performed all the email related tests, these all report back okay.

To get the connector operational again I restart the CommitCRM Server service and emails get processed again. Please help us troubleshoot this, its becoming a major problem as we've missed a few urgent tickets.

Thanks,
    James

Re: Email connector stops working after a few weeks

Thank you for posting this. This is definitely not a normal behavior and Email Connector should not stop working or popping emails.

Please email us your RangerMSP log files for analysis. You can send them using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP and Outlook.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thankyou. The log files have been sent.

Comment

Hello.

We've got this same problem again after moving to Office 365. All tests of the email connector from "ServerConfig.exe" report successful.

I've resorted to scheduling a restart of the CommitServer.exe service which starts email processing again, I have this at 30 minute intervals.

I've submitted the logs.

Cheers,
        James

Comment

@skidmarx101 Thank you for asking. From the log files it seems like server config is trying to connect smtp.office365.com over port 25, that is not recommended and returns the 1061 error (from the mail server) after a short while. If that's the case, please try to use the recommended port, 587 I believe, over TLS, test using ServerConfig, save the settings and restart the RangerMSP Server service on your server.

Hope this helps.

Comment

You are correct thank you, hopefully that was the problem, I'll update in a couple of days.

Comment

I've still got a problem with this. I've sent new logs.

Comment

Thank you. We reviewed the recent log files and it seems that there was a temporary issue, that seems to be related to the connection with the mail server, and after the service has been restarted all seems to be working as expected.
                Please let us know in case you will see it again and we will be happy to further review it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately we're still having this issue requiring multiple restarts of the CommitCRM Server service to continue email processing. I've resent the logs after restarting the service and 6 or so emails being processed that have been backing up for over an hour.

Cheers

Comment

We reviewed the recent log files and suspect that some security policy or a lack of privileges might be causing this.

Please edit the Windows Service properties for the 'RangerMSP Server' service and change the log on settings to log on using a powerful user (e.g. Administrator, instead of the default Local System Account) and monitor the service behavior.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Hello,

I created a service account for the 'CommitCRM Server' service with local administrative permissions however we're still having the issues.

We're using SMTP client submission as detailed here;

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-c805d654b4c4

I've just submitted new logs. Hopefully we can sort this out without me having to schedule constant restarts of the service?

James

Comment

​We have not received the recent log files yet, however after reviewing the previous logs,it is possible that the service is blocked by some security policy settings or by antivirus/firewall.

Another possible reason for the issue is that the mail server limits a number of emails that can be sent. If possible try to increase the limits and see whether it helps. The original log files clearly indicated that the mail server refuses to send beyond a certain limit.

We will be happy to also review the latest log files.

Comment

We reviewed the recent log files you've sent us, however unfortunately there is no new information there.

It sends a few emails and then it stops as it is getting blocked by the mail server.

Please verify that the service is not blocked by antivirus/firewall/mail-server-policy and try to increase the mail server limits.

Comment

Working...
                          X