Changed which Outlook account Commit syncs to, now data is duplicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Changed which Outlook account Commit syncs to, now data is duplicated

Hi all,

Today I was changing which Exchange account my CommitCRM data syncs to, I copied the calendar and Contacts from my old exchange account to my new one and then linked CommitCRM to the copied folders. The problem now is CommitCRM has ran a sync and all of my contacts and appointments are duped. This is only a real problem for my contacts as in CommitCRM there are now two sets of each contact, one which has all of their tickets/assets linked and a blank one. Is there a way to fix this other than restoring yesterdays backup or manually removing the dupes?

If they are my only two options, I guess if I delete the dupes they will only sync again so is there an audit log in CommitCRM so I can see what has been entered today so I can enter it again after restoring a backup?

Many Thanks

Re: Changed which Outlook account RangerMSP syncs to, now data is duplicated

You should restore from yesterday's backup - but first - take a current backup - only then restore.

And then, you should start with fresh/empty folder in the new Exchange, sync RangerMSP's data with it and from this stage an on both RangerMSP and Outlook will be fully in sync without duplicate records being created.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Changed which Outlook account Commit syncs to, now data is duplicated

Thanks a lot, is there an audit log so I can see what work has to be entered again from today? I know I can see which tickets had charges added but I mean assets added, notes added, tickets updated without charges being applied etc.

Comment

Ideally print a few reports before restoring (and take another current backup just before restoring!).
        When printing you can filter the report by Create Date (or Update Date) so it'll only fetch records updated today.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Changed which Outlook account Commit syncs to, now data is duplicated

I did as you suggested and it's now working. I have another issue, Outlook sync used to be very fast but since I have changed the Exchange account that CommitCRM syncs to the sync has become very slow even after the initial sync has completed and all of my CommitCRM contacts/appointments are in the new folders I created for them in my mailbox.

Any ideas why this may be? The only thing that's changed is the folders CommitCRM syncs to which are now in a different exchange account. Other than that I am using the same Outlook profile, same version of Outlook and both the old and new exchange accounts are connected to my PC.

Comment

Great! Thank you for the update. The first few days after changing the sync settings to sync with another, entirely new, Exchange profile the syncs over the first few days are slower than later as the sync runs in a special slow-sync mode in order to validate the links between synced records on both apps. Then it will start syncing fast again.

For what it is worth, you can also configure the auto-sync to run without the progress bar being present so this make the experience of syncing in the background (for when syncing from the app itself) smoother.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X