No announcement yet.

importing outlook emails with attachments into the docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

importing outlook emails with attachments into the docs

When I import a email with attachments into the docs of a ticket the email will go over fine but when i try to open the attachments it says "The operation failed. An object could not be found" is there a way to fix this besides importing the attachments into the docs so that i can open the attachments right from the email?

Re: importing outlook emails with attachments into the docs

Hi,

importing an email with attachments into a document of a ticket should work fine. This will create a document for the email, together with the attachments automatically. There is no need to create separate documents for the attachments, as they are saved as part of the original email.

I'm not sure what may be the issue in this case, and this sounds like a local problem with this specific computer. What I suggest it trying to perform this operation from a different computer. It would be best to create the document from the start: on a different computer, drag-and-drop the email again from Outlook, and create the document in RangerMSP, and still from this computer, try opening this email and the email attachments.

I believe this may work for you as this looks like a local issue on the specific computer.

Ethan

Comment

I just tried what you suggested on a different computer and it gives me the same results :confused:

Comment

Mmmm... This is really unusual.

This sounds like something unrelated to RangerMSP itself (from the message), so I still suspect this is something specific to the environment... The email document which RangerMSP creates includes the attachments and once you are able to open the email, you should be able to open the attached files just fine.

This may be something specific to the file attached - have you tried doing this with a different email, which has different attachments?

If you still cannot find anything which may indicate this issue, please send us the RangerMSP log files from Help > Technical Support, and I hope we will find more information in the logs.

Ethan

Comment

Working...
        X