No announcement yet.

Knowledge Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Knowledge Base

Can an ID number field be added to knowledge base article? As well as a way to attach a link to them in a ticket.

Thanks

Re: Knowledge Base

Hi,

The Knowledge Base search tool is very powerful, and you can easily search the article's text fully. What you can do is put the ticket number (or any other ID) in the article itself, and then search for it as a keyword in the articles text search.

For example, you can add at the end of an article, the number in a special format, such as @0500-1001@, and then search for @0500-1001@ in the articles search field. using the @ sign will help you make sure you get this unique result, and not other similar numbers from other articles.

Neta

Comment

I think I need to second ascendnets thought here - the full text search is undoubtedly an excellent tool - however, record keeping is helpful and ensuring that each Knowledgebase document has it's own traceable record would be an expected bit of functionality.

Sure, we can manually add numbers ourselves but the obvious question would be, "Why?"

Comment

Thanks for the additional feedback on this. I'm sure this will be reconsidered in the future.
        At the moment, if you wish to keep track of a ticket from which you created the article, you can do it as suggested above.

Dina

Comment

Working...
        X