No announcement yet.

Customers Downloading documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Customers Downloading documents

Now that we can make certain documents available to specific customers I have can see the need to enable downloading of docs via the customer web interface.

First question I have is can we do this if all our customer documents are stored on another server as we do not store our documents on the CommitCRM Server as the default documents folder location is a file server? We have used this with great success thus far.

I would prefer not having to relocate our entire client document library from the file server to the server runningCommitCRM.

In terms of recommendations I can a huge need for downloading privileges setting in the web users and I spoke with support about this before. We have clients that have IT staff or executive whom we want to share documents with via the web interface however for the remainder of their staff that only jumps in to create tickets we do not want them to have the ability to access or download documents. This is a super important feature for us that has forced us to use a third-party app outside of CommitCRM which I rather bring back toCommitCRM.

Re: Customers Downloading documents

Getting this error when clicking on the download button (signed in as customer web user).

CommitCRM Web Interface - Message

Document file cannot be downloaded at this stage.

Thank you.

Go back to the previous page

Comment

Re: Customers Downloading documents

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your questions. Using the files upload feature and the files download for customers feature requires some additional setting via Tools > Options > Web Interface tab. You should map the Documents folders so the Web Interface service will know how to access the files.

We've just uploaded the updated documentation for this, so please have a look at this link in the Web Interface user guide.
      Specifically, you should also review the Upload settings here.

I hope this helps.

Sherry
      Last edited by Support Team; February 20, 2014, 04:01 AM. Reason: Updated links to Wiki

Comment

Working...
      X