No announcement yet.

Email alert messages not sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email alert messages not sent

I did everything told in manuals, faq's and in forum posts but still my QSysEDOutbox dir is empty.
    I configured users to receive all kind of alerts, configured the server, restarted everything for several times, made tickets from different users for different managers and still no messages.
    What's so wrong with me or CommitCRM 'cos i never thought it's so difficult to configure such a simple thing?!

Re: Email alert messages not sent

Hi plevako,

Configuring the alerts is indeed usually quite simple, and I'm sure this is just some small setup thing which needs to be fixed. It sounds like you tested this properly, and we will just need to have a look at your settings and try to figure out what went wrong. The easiest way for us to learn more about this is to by reviewing the RangerMSP log files and checking what exactly happens there. Please send the logs to Support (from the Help > Technical Support menu in the application), and we will look into the configuration and settings to learn more.

Cheers,
    Sheli

Comment

I'm sorry for a delay. When trying to do what you said my thunderbird "new message" window opens with NO attachments at all. So i just put relevant files here http://spigl.ru/logs.rar

Comment

Hi,

After analyzing the logs we suspect this is a local licensing or version issue... In order to continue investigating this behavior, I'm going to need some info regarding your software version & licenses.

Can you please make a screenshot of the Help menu > About window.
        This screenshot will provide for us your version number and active licenses list.
        When you have the screenshot, please email it to us directly at Support @.
        I'll be able to provide much more comprehensible information once I have the screenshot.

Many thanks in advance,

Reno

Comment

I cannot get CommitCRM to send out any alert emails. Does it only work with the email connector?

Comment

Hi,

In order to send out automatic alerts to your employees in RangerMSP, you will only require the RangerMSP Alerts Server module. Also, you should make sure you a configure the automatic alerts for each employee.

Also, please make sure that the RangerMSP Server Service is running on the RangerMSP server.

For more information on using the Alert Server, please click here.
            You may also find helpful advice in the troubleshooting section here.

Reno Breen

Comment

i dont see the CommitServer Windows service in the list, does it have to be installed?

Comment

Yes, this service has to be installed. You can find the setup and installation instructions for the Alerts Server here, this includes the service installation procedure.

Let me know how it goes.

Reno

Comment

I installed the service, and set the smtp settings. I do not receive any of the test emails. There is nothing in the QSysEDOutbox folder.

Comment

Have you gone through the Troubleshooting as well? In many cases it's just something in the settings or in the way you run the test which makes the difference. You need to make sure you test this with a user who is not your own user (you will not receive alerts for changed you perform on your own).

Comment

I took another shot at the email alerts. I did receive the tests messages. I then had another user create a ticket and assign it to me. I didn't get the email alert. I checked the logs and did not see where it was sent or had an error. There are no messages in the server outbox. I have my profile set to receive alerts when a ticket is assigned or an account i manage it changed. My email address is correct. Did i miss anything?

Comment

Hi,

The RangerMSPServer installer does not activate the service.
                        Did you remember to start it?
                        Please verify this.

Reno Breen

Comment

Commitserver is running.

Comment

Hi,

Can you send us the log files again?
                            You can find them in the Help menu > About
                            we should be able to see where the Alert Server is getting stopped at.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reno Breen

Comment

just a quick update - after analyzing the logs, found that this is a licensing issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X