No announcement yet.

Sales Tax Frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Sales Tax Frustrations

We have the same issues taxes. We have resorted to NOT having CommitCRM deal with tax on invoices but rather have Quickbooks do that.

HOWEVER, we have been using the CommitCRM QUOTES and there is where we have been running into many issues again!

Would be nice to have this work correctly or not sure why even include it as an option to use.

Comment

Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to change. If anything it seems like it would make it simpler to code. But that's easy enough for me to say since I'm not a programmer :-)

Comment

Is there a way to change the value limit for the tax code? Currently in GA each county is identified with a three digit number and I would like to use the correct tax format for our State in CommitCRM. We want to utilize the sales tax functions for Quoting.

Comment

Thanks for asking. As discussed you're limited to about 35 different tax rates while we understand that you need more. Unfortunately this is a current limitation and we've added your feedback. Thanks!

Comment

As others have mentioned, in the U.S., there is no reason for taxable rates by item as sales tax is based upon the state/county/municipality you sell/deliver the products to. Therefore, Why Doesn't CommitCRM simply allow us to have a Taxable/Non-taxable check box in an item and let it pull the rate from the customer account for which the item is being selected, based upon the account's tax setting? Our company gave up on individual items in CommitCRM a long time ago and only have items such as "Hardware," "Software," "Shipping & Handling," etc. (we pull in the detail & sales tax under QuickBooks for billing). I wouldn't mind much but we now want to start using the quotation features of CommitCRM and this sales tax issue is making this impossible, as far as we can tell. Again, this is not for any billing reason but just so we can distribute an accurate quote fromCommitCRM. If we assigned a tax rate to a customer and the items were either deemed taxable or not, then CommitCRM could calculate the tax on the various taxable items based upon the customer's rate, not the items themselves (which again, makes little sense). Think for a moment that if I buy 1000 network cables that I plan to sell to customers across the country, what good does assigning a tax rate to the cable item do me when the tax for each sale will be based on the customer location that I sell to? Further, when trying to quote on the cables, how do I get the sales tax correct for 100 different end-user quotes across the nation? How about at least allowing us to manually fill in a field with the appropriate amount of tax and a description so we can add "Sales Tax at x%" for the quotations. Please let me know if we are mistaken or haven't done our research on the quoting portion of this. All we need is to be able to do is add a generic item like “hardware” to a quote and somehow get the right sales tax figure to show, based upon any random account that we decide to quote for, as this would solve our problem. The way it stands now, we just can't use the quoting system because of this sales tax calculating issue and this is very frustrating.

Comment

+50. As far as I can tell, there is no logical reason for the current implementation.

Comment

+50 from me as well! For us tax is based of where we are and not where the customer is so it isnt a big deal currently.

It was when we had a location in another county, but that was pre- CommitCRM for us.

It would be easier to put the sales tax in the customers account and then check tax/non tax.

That would solve all kinds of problems!

Comment

We hear you. Our next release, 6.2, will take care of this :)

Comment

Are you serious? That's is fantastic!!!

Comment

Yep! :-)

Comment

Great news!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X