No announcement yet.

Invoices created for Quickbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Invoices created for Quickbooks

When I have CommitCRM create an invoice in Quickbooks it is not marking the box for "To be printed" or "To be e-mailed". Is there a way to get this turned on for all invoices created byCommitCRM?

If I manually create an invoice inside of Quickbooks it checks the appropriate box.

The problem I have is that I have CommitCRM create all of my invoices then go into Quickbooks and cannot tell which have been printed/mailed, emailed, or never sent to the customer.

Thanks

Re: Invoices created for Quickbooks

Good question. In RangerMSP there aren't any specific settings for this. I'll forward this so we'll check whether the QuickBooks API supports such options and enable us to set it automatically for you.

Thanks,
    Neta

Comment

Quickbooks has a field in the customer details section under the additional info tab called Preferred Send Method. The field has the options of E-mail, Mail, and None. New customers created get this set to None by default. CommitCRM could utilize this field to define which check box to mark when creating invoices. If set to E-mail mark the To be e-mailed box, and if set to None or Mail mark the To be printed box. We'd never need to worry about whether an invoice was sent again.

I'm surprised nobody using the Quickbooks Link has asked about this before.

Comment

Interesting suggestion, I'll add it to the request. I'm not sure the QuickBooks API allows using this field in this way, but if is possible, it sounds like it will make sense.

Neta

Comment

I appreciate you looking into this for me. Please keep me posted with any other suggestions you might have. I just want to be sure I don't miss sending out an invoice.

Comment

ascendnet,

I was just about to ask about this myself. Now that I know there isn't an option for this I have to wonder how everyone else does billing with QuickBooks! Do you visit each invoice and individually check the send method? What if you miss even one?

I have explored options for sending statements, but no task details are transferred this way.

This is a very important feature for me. I'm finishing my trial and seriously considering purchasingCommitCRM.

Would love to know how other use QB to bill withCommitCRM. I'm happy to share invoice examples as well.

Comment

That's what I was wondering, how is everyone handling this now?

Comment

I'd like to put the ability to set the invoice printed preference from within CommitCRM on the top of the development hotlist. This is a huge pain for anyone that does large or even small amounts of invoicing through CommitCRM and wants to print/email them.

The QuickBooks SDK supports the ability to set this flag as shown here:

Go to: https://developer.intuit.com/qbsdk-c...OSR/index.html

Choose "InvoiceAdd" in the "select message" drop-down.
                Scroll down to see "IsToBePrinted" and "IsToBeEmailed" in the list below.

This confirms that CommitCRM CAN support setting this flag during invoice creation. Please consider this for 5.2 or the QuickBooks plug-in as this causes invoices to never be mailed to clients.

--AJ

Comment

I totally agree. It is extremely painful having to remember what invoices were created in Quickbooks. We have developed process to remember, but it would be great if CommitCRM could add this to the developement list!

--Luke

Comment

Another vote for this option. I just completed a billing run and it was a bit more time consuming than I had hoped for. At best it should just inherit the setting from the customer account in QB, but a bare minumum would be to set it during creation (with the default setting defined in the account detail in commit).

I was also slightly surprised I couldn't batch create all customer invoices for unbilled charges between certain dates, i.e the previous month, this would be handy!

Comment

ajgyomber,

Great link. Hope this helps speed things along. We really need this option.

Comment

Thanks for keep reminding us on this :-) I'll add your votes to this so it will push this feature request up on the list.

Ethan

Comment

Ethan, anything related to the billing process should be at the top of the list by default. If you can further streamline that process every time we do billing and make money we'll always think highly of the CommitCRM team. :) Seriously though, this is a big deal. Everyone is working around the way it should be.

--AJ

Comment

I would like to see this at the top of the list for improvements as well. After creating invoices I have to manually go through each one and choose the send method.

Comment

Just adding another vote to push this feature request up the list :)

The following is my personal vision in order of importance to me:

The GUI for Step 3 - Invoice Lines when creating a QuickBooks invoice would include the two to be printed and to be e-mailed checkboxes we are familiar with in QB. Their default checked/unchecked status could be set by...

A new e-mailed/printed flag saved as part of the Account record in the CommitCRM DB. If that new flag can be synced with QB's preferred send method as part of the account sync that's great, but for myself not required.

Comment

Working...
                              X